Monday, January 31, 2011

Family update

Lj's Accomplishments

For about three weeks now Lj has been learning to sleep in his own crib. At first he was not happy about not being able to sleep with me but he had adjusted. From time to time he has played a game of up and down but he eventually closes his little eyes and goes to sleep. He wakes 3-4 times a night but it's getting better. He has also learned to suck from a straw. He loves to drink from his little cup. Oh yes can't forget to share with you the fact that he is learning to walk with shoes on. He is having some trouble but he tries, only along the furnitur though. He won't walk alone unless he uses his push toy. I'm so proud of him!

What's Next For Lj

At his recent Gastro visit we discussed Lj having to have another Pneumogram and PH Probe test. If you have been following my story you should already know that Lj has had this test before. I am not looking forward to watch him struggle and fight while the nurses are putting the probe into his nose. Just the thought brings tears to my eyes. He will have this test to see how his GERD is. He is still taking Prevacid for GERd and meds for his digestion. He will also be starting Speech and Communication therapy because he has trouble with textured foods and he is not really communicating for his appropriate age.

Andre

Andre has been doing great in school since he has had special modifications for his class work. He made Honor Roll for the first grading period and second grading period he has 4 B's 1 c and 2 outstandings. I'm so proud of him. His anxiety still kicks up but not as much and his ADHD symptoms and doing better.

Mom

For me things are so stressful! I have been trying to get my resume out more. Bills are continuing to pile up and my search for help has not been successful. I am not one for giving up but at times I have wanted to throw the towel in, but I am not a quitter and my kids deserve all that I have, all that I am and am not. I love them and hopefully someone will either use that donate button or I will gave found a job and created my own resources!

No comments:

Post a Comment