Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Lj's Journey Part#1

Johnny L. Bowen III (Lj) was born 10 weeks early through emergency C-section. My water broke latenight on December 10th 2009. I was laying in bed trying to sleep and turned over and I felt a large trickle of water. I went straight to the hospital. The doctors were hoping that the baby would stay in for another 2 to 4 weeks but I had a ultrasound that showed that he was having trouble. He wasn't practicing breathing although I had the steroids and antibiotics. From that point on my life changed very fast. I went from the room that they were giving me the ultrasound in to OR#2. I was scared out of my mind He was born December 12th at 7:54pm at 3lbs 4oz. I was already stressed worried about where my oldest son was going to be while I was in the hospital and what I was going to do if my baby passed away. It was the most scariest thing. I felt so guilty for him being born so early. I though it might be the stress I was under due to the fact that I hadn't had a job for about three years because of my arm being smashed in a freight elevator at work. I had to have 3 surgeries to fix the damage, but the surgeries could not repair the extensive nerve damage. I was behind in all of my bills so I was more than stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment